Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Issues with QTP and application crash/lock up

I know this might be a fairly stupid question be I am having issues with the application I am trying to test locking up and crashing.

The funny issue with this is, it will only lock up when QTP is open. For example if I start QTP no recording or anything, just simply starting the QTP application, and then try to run the application I am trying to test, it will lock up, I have to end the process to get it to close.

If QTP isn't started the application I am trying to test will start fine. The application I am trying to test has no issues at all starting without QTP up, but as soon as I start QTP and then try to launch the application the application I am trying to test the application I am testing won't start.

The application is a Powerbuilder 10 application and I do have the Powerbuilder 10 add-on installed and activated. I get the same results if Powerbuilder is on or not.

I just tested something and if I turn off ALL add-on's the application I am testing will start, as soon as I add ANY add-on it will do the same thing as I mentioned above.

Any information would be appreciated (I did contact HP support but they haven't gotten back to me in 3 days).

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Issues with QTP and application crash/lock up

It could be because of some hooks that QTP makes into each application hanging your app. I believe HP would be the only hope you would have as of now...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Well as of right now HP support hasn't been all that helpful. They have been taking 2-3 days to get back to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Well, I am having the same issue QTP 9.5 with PowerBuilder add-in. Working with HP resolving the issue; tech is going to send me hooks for QTP. If I am successful, post it here. If you come accross any other option please do share.

thanks,
    Satya

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    Well, I am having the same issue QTP 9.5 with PowerBuilder add-in. Working with HP resolving the issue; tech is going to send me hooks for QTP. If I am successful, post it here. If you come accross any other option please do share.

thanks,
    Satya

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I am also having trouble with our other application that is built with PowerBuilder. Please post an answer when/if you find it. I will do the same if I get HP to help me with anything.