Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

OR Hierarchy/ Object Manipulation

I'm looking at my local OR for an action I created and noticed I needed a few more objects to be added to it (options that appear when certain things are selected). So I go ahead and click add to local repository. It adds a completely new web browser object tree in the OR, but I'm able to drag the object to the previous tree under a previous frame.
    <font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
    &gt;Browser
    :_&gt;Page
    :_&gt;Frame
    :_&gt;Objects

&gt;Browser_2
    :_&gt;Page_2
    :_&gt;Frame_2
    :_&gt;New Object
    </pre><hr />
    I guess my question being is is possible to do this drag and drop without compromising the stability of the script? and if so could I eliminate the frame from the tree and just have
    <font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
    &gt;Browser
    :_&gt;Page
    :_&gt;Objects
    </pre><hr />
    I just don't know if the frame portion of the tree really contains any information.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: OR Hierarchy/ Object Manipulation

Moving the object by drag &amp; drop should work. I did this quite often and scripts run fine and stable. I am not sure about the frame. I would guess you will need to be careful. QTP must be able to identify the object uniquely in the frame. So try it and use the "Highlight in Application" button to verify that QTP can still identify the object properly. If it gets hightlighted it should also find the object during test run.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: OR Hierarchy/ Object Manipulation

Thanks Tom I moved things around and deleted the frames from the hierarchy and didn't have a problem... yet. I think that I might hit a snag if I were to try that with an object that appears on multiple frames ex. btnSaveAndContinue... or could I just have the one object instead of two objects in different frames hmm...