Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Undo ExecuteFile?

Our current framework loads all necessary function libraries at run time using ExecuteFile. In order to clear these references and prevent QTP from being a memory hog, we close and restart QTP and load the next set of libraries for the next test.

Is there a command to clear out QTP's associated libraries that were added using ExecuteFile?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Undo ExecuteFile?

This might be related to your querry:

http://www.sqaforums.com/showthreade...;Number=420359
    -Suchit

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

While I have never seen any HP/Merc document on this I think it is reasonable to assume that:

1. Memory used for libs defined on the Test Settings Resource tab are released when a test script terminates; and

2. Memory used for libs included using ExecuteFile are released when the Action containing the statement terminates.

Have you any reason, behavior or evidence to think otherwise?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Sideshow, Have you tested your assumption that library memory increases in such a way when you load so many libraries?

Also if you use Actions then every iteration would clear the libraries automatically

Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

A little clarification to answer some of these questions.

I am calling one driver script and iterating through it. However, I am not using QTP's iteration handling, so I'm never actually leaving the action.

Secondly, I will have close to 200 function libraries by the time the project is complete. The amount of load time is extreme if these are added pre-run. We are simply adding those that are needed at run-time, based on the script. When the script completes, I'd like them cleared.

Our current method works fine. We open and close QTP after each test case (for this very reason), but I would like to improve our test run execution times, and keeping one instance of QTP open for the entire run is ideal.