Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

QTP 9.5, Firefox & fireevent

Hi all,

I have an issue with Firefox and QTP9.5. We have some web applications that require QTP to "Fire Events" associated with the objects.

For instance, go to https://quote.allstate.com/ and look at the zip code box in object spy, click on Runtime object properties, scroll down to the events (begginning with "on") and there is the even onkeyup that needs to be fired before it retrieves the zip code information.

If you do the same with the object spy in firefox than it somes up with "Web Edit objects do not support run time object properties". Also if you try to run the script in firefox and it gets to the line.

Browser("Browser").Page("AET").WebEdit("ZipBox").F ireEvent "onkeyup"

then it give a general run error? Does anyone know if there is maybe an addin to better recognize objects in firefox and support the fireevent method?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

-----------------------------
    moderator comment: changed title to more accurately reflect thread's subject
    Attached Images Attached Images

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: QTP 9.5, Firefox & fireevent

First if you had searched the forum you would have gotten a ton of threads asking your identical question. So click on the "advanced" button in the upper right hand corner, select the QTP forum only in the select list and then use this specific syntax in the search keyword text field:

+firefox +fireevent

Here is but one hit from that list:

http://www.sqaforums.com/showflat.php?Ca...true#Post455423

Lots of folks with your problem. Perhaps by prowling through these threads you will find a workaround. More likely you just find soul mates stuck with the same problem, as cross browser support (IMO) by QTP (and any of its competitors) is a myth (or at least a lot of IF-THEN-ELSE in your code to accommodate...)

Then, do a vanilla Google search in another browser window using the search phrase:

firefox fireevent

Here is but one hit from that list:

http://www.nabble.com/firefox-DOM-do...to6055600.html

Hum... independent of QTP, lots of complaints about the lack of support for the fireevent capability in Firefox.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: QTP 9.5, Firefox & fireevent

Hi All,

I am facing the same issue in my automation. I have not found any good solution yet. Thus, I implemented a workaround that seems to work correctly. Please, look at the source code below. I use this solution in FF and it is working correctly.

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
    Public Sub subEnterQuantity(ByRef objPage, ByVal strQuantity)

Dim objShell
    Dim intLenght, i

Set objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

'Mouse setting
    Setting.WebPackage("ReplayType") = 2

'Enter the TextBox
    objPage.WebEdit("Quantity").Click

intLenght = Len(strQuantity)
    For i = 1 To intLenght
    objShell.Sendkeys Mid(strQuantity, i, 1)
    Wait 1
    Next

Set objShell = Nothing

'Mouse setting
    Setting.WebPackage("ReplayType") = 1

End Sub
    </pre><hr />

I know that this issue is just a workaround. However, it can be useful for someone else.