Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Object Recognition Problem in Mainframe

Hi,

I am facing object recognition problems in a Mainframe application on the second iteration run.

The flow of my script is as below -
    1. Open IE, perform operations and close IE.
    2. Open Mainframe application, perform operations and close it.(Here object recognition works perfectly fine).
    3. Open IE again,perform operations and close IE.
    4. Now again I open the mainframe application but am not able to recognize the objects on it.

What I do as a temporary solution is at runtime when object recognition fails, I open the repository, open the object spy and click on the object to be recognized. Then close the spy and script starts working on its own by further recognizing objects on mainframe application.

So the problem arises only when mainframe is used once, closed and the reopened for another use. Object has to be spied on for just once for the script to proceed further.

But since this involves manual intervention, I need some solution for it.

Can anyone help me on this please.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Object Recognition Problem in Mainframe

where is the object file? r u using from OR or external object library vbs file? If u r using frm external library file, u need to execute the object file (u can use executefile "<LIBRARY PATH>")when the same object is referenced more than once. hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi,

Did you noticed the properties while spying its the same in the OR or it varies.
    Try giving some wait before accessing Mainframe application
    With Best Regards
    Yuva

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

How you are connecting your mainframe applicaiton. I guess using some Terminal Emulator. If you are using the Terminal Emulator then first time configure that and save the registry file.

So second time when you move from IE to Mainframe load that registry file again and it will work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for all the posts above.

My reply for the above cases is -

- I am connecting to the mainframe application using a Terminal Emulator - called Attachmate.
    - Object Repository is being used for object recognition.
    - I have spied on object property/values during the second run of the mainframe application, and they are found to be identical. Also the 'wait' doesn't work.

How can I distinguishably recognize mainframe objects for tow successive iterations?

Thanks.