Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

TSR File and Space Constraints

Hi,

We are using .tsr files as our object repository for our application.I kinda forsee some issues that we might run into with disk space for those files.

Right now,our testing team is part of 120GB shared space with other teams.With little knowledge that I got to understand using .tsr file,I am trying to guess that these tsr files might eat up disk space faster.

Is it more advantage of using DP for these kind of issues? I would appreciate if somebody can share their experience regarding this issue.

~Thanks
    Yamn
    Thanks
    Yamini

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: TSR File and Space Constraints

If your scripts are expected to be maintained by people with good programming knowledge of vbscript, using DP will save you space as per your question. But again, choice of DP or OR depends on other factors and some R&D on your part should help you decide what is good for your use.
    -Suchit

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]

Right now,our testing team is part of 120GB shared space with <u>other</u> teams.

[/ QUOTE ]
    This is truly absurd! Do you work at Dilbert's company for the Pointy haired boss?

OfficeDepot.com is selling a 500 GB drive for $99 today. Your "team's" salary, even if it is a team of 2, should certainly justify disk space of at least 2 or 3,000GBs. Look at this "problem" from a different "true cost" perspective and use cheap hardware to support a framework solution appropriate to your team's skill level.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I should say my team just started using QTP and Iam sure my managers will address all issues involved.I wanted to learn about problems that may raise regarding disk space.

Thank you for your comments though.

~Thanks
    Yamn
    Thanks
    Yamini