Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Add button is not getting enabled while running

Hi all,

I am trying QTP scripting of a ORACLE application. In one step while clicking a checkbox of an item in a item menu the add button is getting enabled and clicking on the add button the checked item can be added to the item list.But while executing this in QTP script,the checkbox is getting checked but the add button is not getting activated and hence the item is not getting added to the item list and the script is failing.

Please suggest me How can I solve this problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Add button is not getting enabled while running

Is it a HTML GUI?

You may have the fire an event in order for the button to be enabled

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I do not have an Oracle app, but I have seen this happen in other apps as well.

Try using the .Type method instead of .Set "ON".

This is how the click is recorded:
    Window("Flight Reservation").Dialog("Open Order").Activate
    Window("Flight Reservation").Dialog("Open Order").WinCheckBox("Customer Name").Set "ON"

Change the click so that it types a space (" ") to the checkbox.
    Window("Flight Reservation").Dialog("Open Order").WinCheckBox("Customer Name").Type " "

Instead of changing the status of the checkbox directly it now actually does user input. This is the difference. When changing the status directly (by .Set "ON") it might happen that the application under test does not get triggered.

The enabling / disabling of the add button is probably implemented as an OnChange event/trigger in the application under test. Maybe this event only gets triggered when there is a user action.

Please let me know if this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

My application is not web based or oracle base but it is excel based and it is called as Hyperion smart view which works with standard wondows Excel.

And following is the script extract which checks the checkbox.

Dialog("Member Selection").WinTreeView("Members").SetItemState "ACCOUNT;BALANCE SHEET", micChecked
    Dialog("Member Selection").WinTreeView("Members").SetItemState "ACCOUNT;INCOME STATEMENT", micChecked

And the following statement is recorded when the 'Add' button is clicked. But during the script execution the 'Add' but is not enabled which should have been enabled after checking the above check box.

Dialog("Member Selection").WinToolbar("ToolbarWindow32").Press 1

Pl let me know if you have equivalant code which checks the check box and enables the 'Add' button.

Thanks for your help.