Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

QuickTest Pro in Japanese

Can QTP run on a Japanese version of Windows XP?
    I've been asked to see if my script runs on foreign languages and the bosses decided if it works on Japanese systems it'll work on anything.
    I'm using descriptive programming using WindowID rather than names so most of it should work, might need some tweaking but at least I can start it running.

But if QTP doesn't work on Japanese it'll be a big waste of time...

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: QuickTest Pro in Japanese

We run QTP against Japanese websites, but the PC's Windows OS is set to US English, and our scripts works fine against IE 7 configured to display Japanese double chars in this scenario--given that we we select lang independent object definitions in our ORs and DP statements. Of course at some point you are going to encounter the need to validate "text" under sooner or later--this too works fine for us as we get the "expected" text from a JSON definition for each site and then snag/scrape the innertext or innerhtml from the object of interest and then compare to expected.

But if you are asking, "can I install QTP on a Japanese version of Windows, and then execute my scripts?", someone else will have to address that scenario.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

That was what I was asking, your way of wording it was a lot better.

I decided to try it anyway and it does install... mostly.
    I can run my scripts and a lot of it works but some parts aren't using language independant object definitions so they need to be changed.

The trouble is it doesn't install the Microsoft Script Debugger on the Japanese Windows automatically, you need to follow a link in the Readme and find it on the microsoft website.
    I can't speak japanese though and there's a hundred or so links to follow, I have no idea which one is the right one.
    And Microsoft in their infinate wisdom decided to update the english version of the site so it's not the same as the japanese, so I can't just work out where it is on the screen and click that link.
    I need to work out how to translate japanese :-(

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Oh the joys of working in multi-lang projects; and, your fun is just beginning!

-Good Luck, Terry

P.S. I am kind of surprised the MS debugger does not automatically install. But if you can't read Japanese I can't figure out how you are going to work with QTP under than lang.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I can't figure out how I'm going to work with it in Japanese either but thats what my bosses want.

A lot of it should be ok, I've used the AUT in English enough to know where all the buttons are and what they do so I should be able to do most of it without reading Japanese.

It's just installing this debugger that's the problem...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

The readme says to go to a webpage to download the japanese version of the debugger.

I put the webpage into google translator and it translates as:
    "The page you have requested no longer exists, you will be directed to the MSDN homepage in 5 seconds."

Nice.