Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Function libraries as classes

Currently our function lib's contains functions which are used by the Test cases. we are looking for making function libs as classes.

Advantage:

Namespace problems are solved.

Disadvantage:

As VB Script doesn't support Inheritance and polymorphism, I believe it is much work to convert existing function libs into classes (as the advantage is solving namespace problem only).

Please provide your insights about my words.

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Function libraries as classes

I implement all of my libs using custom classes for the reasons you state. Here are two threads to help you on your way to doing the same:

http://www.sqaforums.com/showflat.ph...;Number=396463

http://www.sqaforums.com/showthreade...age=0&vc=1

I find the notion of using a vbScript class as a logical "bucket" to gather together related functions to be as valuable as its additional namespace benefits. In addition you can add error checking to class Properties, should you choose to use these instead of vanilla class variables.