| || |
Java Add-In 9.1 causes application to freeze.
To start with, SQAForums has been incredible helpful, and I appreciate everyone's help and time reading this question.
I have an application that works fine with Java Add-In 8.2 with the 9.0 upgrade patch, however my company upgraded to 9.1. We don't have a saved copy of the 8.2 upgrade, but we do have a copy of the 9.0 patch.
With QTP 9.1 and the 9.1 patch, our Java application (Version 220.127.116.11 build 3) starts up fine, and QTP will record one step. Trying to do a second step freezes our Java Program and both become non-responsive. We didn't have any problems with 9.0, but like I said we can't rollback to that version.
Sincerely we've tried working through HP with this issue, however I've found them to cause more problems than they've solved when I ask them for help, and they seem to have misplaced their copy of the Java 8.2 add-in.
We do have the Oracle add-in, but I've made sure install the Java Add-in after it. From what I can tell the 9.1 add-in was installed correctly, but I wouldn't rule that out as a possibility because I can't tell why our Java application freezes - which it doesn't do when QTP isn't running.
What troubleshooting advice could I use to determine further:
A. Where the problem may lie (with QTP, the Add-in, the Java application, etc.)
B. What we can do to remedy the problem.
Thank you in advance for any insight you could give!