Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

QTP 9.2 Debug Viewer

Kind of a simplistic question. I am running a script and have added a few items to the debug viewer watch list. I run the test and while it is running, the viewer disappears. If I put a breakpoint in the code, the debug viewer does not appear and I can't see the watch list.

Any settings I should be aware of to assure the debug list is viewable? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: QTP 9.2 Debug Viewer

Well, I went to the Options tab and pressed the Restore Layout button and now I have a visible Debug Viewer. When I was having this problem, I had set Debug Viewer, Data Table, etc to auto hide to get a little more real estate on my screen, so maybe that is the problem.

I would still be curious if anyone else had run into this little problem and whether they had any issues with auto hiding items like I had previously done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: QTP 9.2 Debug Viewer

Yes, I've seen similar, and other weirdness from the QTP editor. One interesting one is the apparent loss of button groups from the toolbar, only to be found appearing elsewhere OFF of the QTP window. I recall even seeing an old MI KB article on how to fix these types of things. It seems to have a memory of object positions DURING A TEST RUN, that needed to be manipulated DURING THE TEST RUN to take effect.
    If ya got beef then fool eat a pork chop.