Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

QTReport automateable?

hello folks,

I am successfully calling QuickTest.Application and automating a whole myriad of things but am curious, how can I call its tests results reporter via an object reference?

I want to be able to programmatically export test results as HTML and then run an email script I got to email those results as attachments to a list of recipients, but the only thing getting in my way right now is QTReport being or not being able to do that via object reference.

(and please don't tell me I have to record the QTReport utility, because that's what I'm doing now and parameterizing the actual tests to export...) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

thanks in advance,
    tp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: QTReport automateable?

So you want the export to HTML thing to be done through code?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

yes sir. was just wondering if the whole process of automating QTP via object reference, i.e. "QuickTest.Application" can also be done for its QTReport utility, so that I can fine tune what and where without having to automate QTReport with QTP, parameterizing as necessary for all test results I want exported and mailed.

thanks again,
    testerp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

If you would have just seen the QTP FAQ Post you would have got your answer. There is a post listing the exact code on what needs to be done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

yep, I found it. Thanks, you know I've browsed through this list actually but what threw me off was that the names of the links to that particular post is not at all indicative of its content, it's just a URL to the post, but I should have dug anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi, I am currently working on the same project and looking for a way to retrieve the results via code. Do you still have that post or link? If not could you direct me on what objects to use? Thanks.