Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Multiple Instance

Can we run multiple instance of the QTP in one machine. If so, how? I have a requirement to run the same test in one machine for 5 times with different input files. Please let me know how do i proceed in these scenario

Thanks in Advance,
    Mahesh Dasari
    Thanks,
    Mahesh Dasari

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Multiple Instance

No. QTP is single thread. You iterate on DataTables, arrays, etc. to run the same test multiple times (one iteration after another). You probably need to spend some time with the tutorial, online help and perhaps a training class or two.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

If QTP is a single thread, why cannot i run same test with multiple input files (the other way of running more records). It always say that the "application is busy" if I run the QTP with same test and different input files.

Please provide a reference URL if in case you have.

Thanks in Advance,
    Mahesh Dasari
    Thanks,
    Mahesh Dasari

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    If QTP is a single thread, why cannot i run same test with multiple input files (the other way of running more records). It always say that the "application is busy" if I run the QTP with same test and different input files.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Well I guess I am a loss for words...

The behavior you describe is what I would expect if I tried to drive a single thread program with multiple invocations each with a different data input file.

To use QTP correctly on a single PC you need to have it execute one input file to completion, then the next, then the next, etc. But you probably should start out as newbie using a simple multiple row data sheet as input until you get comfortable with that method of multiple iterations. The try to implement multiple input files (but here again, sequentially).