very simple question. I created a test on a web application and all the object part of the REP where recognised as WebElement by Object Spy.
After finishing the test I plaid with the add-ins and (I know, BAD THING TO DO WHEN YOU ARE A NEWBIE) what happened next was that the objects previously created where not recognised any more. If I look for them now using the Spy Tool, even if a start a new test, they are recognised as WinObject.
I ALSO tried to come back to my previous setting regarding the add-ins (enabling the WEB as it was), but it doesn't work!!!
I wrote my test referring to Objects that were recognised as WebElement within my object repository library.
I restared QTP (9.2) and, for some stupid reason I activated the other add-ins (before I had only Web). I changed the settings in File> Setting>Test settings.
Aftre I made this change (not sure if and how those events are related) those element of the webpage that before were recognised as WebElement (logo, images, menu and everythin else)were now recognised as WinObject.
Result, the test wasn't able to find the object within the page, I gues because WinObject is different from WebElement.