I have the web service add-in installed against QTP 9.2 on my Windows XP laptop. In making a call to my web services on the Unix side, I see that QTP is running and will not return control to my Windows laptop until there is a response from the Unix side or until the necessary timeout has expired. As a result, I cannot get to my other active programs running from on my Windows laptop. Effectively, it seems like my QTP session is running with the highest priority thread on Windows laptop, and nothing else is responsive until the webservice comes back with a response.
I've set my web services communication to ".NET Framework 2.0 WSE 3.0". I've also looked at the HP support website, but there doesn't seem to be any patches to address this behavior.
Are you using a WSDL? Do ask the developers about WS Comms. Some times they forget to give you minor detail like you need to use Apache instead of .Net [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
01. LR 11.1 (Patch 3)
02. Web(HTTP/HTML) URL method
05. LoadRunner 11.1
07. Subscription - 5000 Web and Multimedia
09. Win Vista Enterprise SP2/Ubuntu Linux 10.04 LTS/Solaris
10. I haven't filed one.
I've already sent a service request to HP. But they told me to run the following:
1) Close all the applications of the QTP.
2) Please go to the following folder C:\Program Files\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional\bin.
3) Run the QuickTestProfessional.bat file.
4) Re-boot the system.
5) Open the QTP and record and run the application again.