Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

preserving the contents of an array

How can I preserve the contents of array. I need to append the data to the existing rather than overwrite the array contents.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: preserving the contents of an array

If you need to change the size of the array without loosing the contents, use 'Redim Preserve'. Otherwise, just make sure you use an index in the array that has not already been used.
    Boyd Patterson
    Patterson Consulting, LLC
    www.patterson-consulting.net

[i]Creator of Test Design Studio - Powerful IDE for QuickTest Pro[i]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Do while Browser("SmartStream - WebConnect_2").Page("SmartStream - WebConnect_2").Frame("Frame_4").Image("pagenext"). Object.nameProp = "pagenext.gif"
    'If Browser("SmartStream - WebConnect_2").Page("SmartStream - WebConnect_2").Frame("Frame_4").Image("pagenext"). Object.disabled Then Exit Do
    'print Browser("SmartStream - WebConnect_2").Page("SmartStream - WebConnect_2").Frame("Frame_4").Image("pagenext"). Object.disabled
    Set objTable = Browser("SmartStream - WebConnect_2").Page("SmartStream - WebConnect_2").Frame("Frame_4").WebTable("Fund")
    intRowCount = objTable.RowCount
    intFirstDataRow = 2
    intCol17 = 17
    'svalues = ""

For intRow = intFirstDataRow to intRowCount
    ReDim Preserve arrCol17(intRow -2)
    arrCol17(intRow-2) = objTable.GetCellData(intRow, intCol17)

Next

Browser("SmartStream - WebConnect_2").Page("SmartStream - WebConnect_2").Frame("Frame_4").Image("pagenext"). Click
    Loop

For Each x in arrCol17
    print x
    Next

This is my test script. The webpage displays only 30 rows each time. I need to click on the next button to view the remaining rows. I need to keep doing till the next button is disabled after I retireve all the rows from that column I need to check if it sorted. But the problem when I print the loop outside the do while I can just see the rows of the last page in the array. How can I view the contents of the entire array?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

It is an issue with your logic. Here follow this approach

ReDim arrCol17(-1)

START LOOP

ReDim Preserve arrCol17(UBOUND(arrCol17) + 1)
    arrCol17(UBOUND(arrCol17)) = objTable.GetCellData(intRow, intCol17)

END LOOP

This way you will never loose rows