Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Typical programing problem - DP

Friends,

Here is typical problem that's killing me. In my script i am sending Http request for html links and check the response code to (200, 404 etc) to see if link is broken.. It's fine till here.

I use following code to send HTTP request
    HttpObject.Send

Here for some of the links I get the alert window while sending Http request and now the problem is when this happens script doesn't execute the next line of code and stays there until i close the alert window manually..

I tried putting checkpoint on HttpObject.Send

I can handle that alert window by putting code in if condition but that will decrease the performance of my script because this happens with one out of 100 links so for 99 time if condition will execute unnecessarily..

Need expert thought... kindly help..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Typical programing problem - DP

Did you see which links causes this? In case there are some links which you can predict then you can use if else based on the link.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

there are around 8-9 links across the site which causes this.. how ever there are some hundreds links which are checked this way recursively so if i put if condition for these four links that line of code will be executed everytime.. for example if i check 300 links it will execute this if condition 300 times..
    I am not able to figure out what causes 'Security alert' window for those some links.. and after sending request for those links why QTP waits before executing the next step..?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I would suggest you to put timers and notice the time differences when you use if and when you don't. I guess you are worrying more than is required.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Tarun your point may be right! but let me give you stastics in one of my script i have around 467 links checked (thats largest) so my result window looks odd when i put if condition before checking any link...

One more thing i never had this security alert before with same application. Can we handle it through browser so that it didn't displayed again?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Can you attach screen shot of the window in a word file?