Thread: Winrunner

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Winrunner

Please tell me is there any way to convert Winrunner script into QTP scripts?

Thanks

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Winrunner

Uh, by hand? Given the low level of support that HP/Merc have provided to end users in general, I will be quite surprised if an automated converter is available.

An automatic converter would be pretty hard to write and debug given the many diffs between these two tools, their ORs and utilities.

But this is pure speculation on my part.

Even though it will be a one time effort to convert your scripts, just keep your eyes on the prize: YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO WORK WITH WINRUNNER ANY MORE! (I'd rather lay blacktop in Bakersfield, CA then work with WR again...).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]

(I'd rather lay blacktop in Bakersfield, CA then work with WR again...).

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel that way about QTP [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Unfortunately for those switching to QTP from WinRunner, Manual is the only way for converting. With the different technologies in the two tools, having a seperate creation project isn't a bad idea as it allows you to adapt your framework to the new style, and parallel running of scripts over a time makes sure you aren't going to run into any issues when you flip the switch.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Look at this, not sure if it works or not

http://www.sierraatlantic.com/products/QTPGenie.php

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Gun,

Tarun kicked up a tool that promises much--but as he questions (and so do I) can it deliver?

It they do not offer a demo download (seems unlikey, given that if it works you could convert all your scripts and then tell them you are not interested...) then ask them to demo the tool on a complex script of your choosing, but onsite in your presence. Then you will know whether to buy it--or the conversion service if that's what they offer.

It is interesting though--and goes to show how large a share of the market WinRunner must have captured.