Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

QTP with Peoplesoft addin

Is it possible to get some help file on QTP peoplesoft addin
    I need to look at peoplesoft addin classes, methods and properties
    Is there any good site i can look at it.
    Thanks,
    swachender

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: QTP with Peoplesoft addin

Sure, look at the docs and help files that come with the Add-in.

But if you are asking for this info and have not yet purchased this addin, or obtained a copy for evaluation from your HP/Merc sales person--this is not permited by the forum guidelines, as this information is only available to those who license it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Terry - I'm not 100% sure that is accurate.

I have not purchased any additional add-ins, yet I can view on the support site all information/docs realting to the addin. Speaking to my HP rep, QTP now comes bundled with all addins. To me, they have upgraded QTP, so according to the maintenance contract I should be entitled to the upgrade.

Now my HP rep seems to ignoring my emails (and calls) to confirm this. Funny how when it is time to pay up, I get 5 calls a day!

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Well, I think there are two contract models these days. When I was at my last client, they purchased a "bundled" license and got everything. I am now back with a previous client who has had QTP since 6.5 and they are still on a licensing model where they pay for the TE Addin as well as another. Very confusing. I believe I heard the sales rep wants them to "upgrade" to the bundled license package next Spring with their service contract comes due.

But, we can't distribute docs on anything that the vendor produces and they themselves don't put in the public domain. Thats just how this forum is setup, given all of the piracy these days.

And man, do I feel your pain with HP/Merc these days. I still can't figure out how I would enter a bug in the new "world class support" site at HP (but then given the response, why bother?). It seems like the more maint fee we pay every year, the less we get. I guess thats what happens when you have a captive market by the short hairs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

If you have HP support access then you might well download the add-in's trial version and then look at the help file.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Terry,

My understanding is now you can only buy a 'functional licence'. This includes QTP with every add-in AND Winrunner. As you say, anyone who purchased QTP before the functional licence has to pay for the upgrade (you can no longer purchase additional addins seperatley). I think this is wrong, as the maintenance charge should cover this.

I also received my SAID letter today (I actually received two copies!!). Putting the SAID number in the new support site told me that my contract has expired. We only just renewed it 2 months ago... Great !!!!!

Oh, I didn't mean to just distribute the docs. I meant that everyone with a QTP licence can see the addin docs, regardless of if they have addin or not (At least they could on mercury support site).

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]

I think this is wrong, as the maintenance charge should cover this.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Trying to apply logical thinking to either the US tax code or the HP/Mercury maint scheme is futile. Perhaps that arm of the business is run by the Borg, or Catbert?

START
    I believe the purpose of paying the maintenance fee is to pay the maintenance fee. No real value other than not having to pay the full fee for new licenses each time there is a new release of software. And if you have a problem with that, well pay the maintenance fee again. Don't like that? Then GoTo START--until you are out of money.
    END

Luckily for HP they bought a company that has darn good tool. But I really don't know why they don't just give it away (like the drug dealer model), because I think the real money is in these perpetual licensing maintenance fees.

And I can't help but think of my new support number as my SAD number, because if I can't actually get to support anymore then no one can SAY anything in response to my SAID request. If the maintenance fee wasn't so expensive I would laugh.