Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

How to delete QTP script saved in Quality Center?

Not sure If this can be posted here...it is related to both QTP and QC. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I got a problem. I used a manual test case to generate QTP script and saved it in quality center. Later I created a new script in QTP and tried to replace the old one in quality center. But a message popped up: the same name script already exists. So I tried to delete the old qtp script but there is no option to let me do that. And I cannot delete the test case itself cause it includes both manual steps and qtp script.

Is there a way to delete qtp script saved in quality center, or overwrite it? Now the only thing I can do is to save the script with a new name...

Any advice will be appreciated!
    YB

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to delete QTP script saved in Quality Center?

1. Copy the contents (expert view) of your new script (created in QTP) in notepad.

2.Open the script that you have saved in QC.

3. Select Expert view and replace the complete code here with code from the notepad (from step 1).

4. Do other changes like associating correct function library, repository, test parameters etc. if needed.

Delete option in QC is there, you might not have permission to delete items from QC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to delete QTP script saved in Quality Center?

simple:
    You have Test1 saved in QC
    You made another test Test1 and trying to save it?

Rename the 1st Test1 to "Test" so QC dont complain " the same name script already exists"

Thanks!
    VasuK
    Thanks!
    VasuK

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to delete QTP script saved in Quality Cent

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]Never thought in that way. Thx. But the only issue is that the old script is still there.

Also thanks Beginner1234 for the advice.

Cheers,
    YB

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

You can now safely delete "Test" by selecting in testplan>right click>click the delete option...Your task is done.

Thanks!
    VasuK
    Thanks!
    VasuK

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Maybe I didn't make myself clear.

Test1 is generated through a manual test case which is in QC. So the qtp script is embeded with the manual test case in QC. When test1 is deleted, that manual test case is deleted as well...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Well i tried what you said and it seems to be a limitation as i was not able to find any way to delete it. Though you can delete it gennerting another type of script like VAPI-XP etc. But no direct way to delete it. And then you can try overwriting and see if it allows you or no.