Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

How to detect unknown popup window during runtime?

I have app where popup windows comes up. As I come across the windows I learn them and add it to OR. So for the known ones I use Exist(0) and click OK to close them and I am back to parent app window. For the unknown/new ones I need to know how to detect them if there is any such window open, with no window info in OR. Basically way to know "how to detect unknown popup windows generated by AUT during runtime"

I did got thru the forum already to find any such instance but didn't find any. Even didn't find recovery scenario of any help.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to detect unknown popup window during runt

Put a popup recovery scenario. This will only happend when an error occurs due to a popup which is not recognized by your script. And you can close it through the recovery scenario.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    Put a popup recovery scenario. This will only happend when an error occurs due to a popup which is not recognized by your script. And you can close it through the recovery scenario.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I had tried option for trigger event as "test run error" and it didn't work.Now I tried option "popup window" and again didn't work. Script halts with usual window having stop/skip/retry button. I was never sure if RSM will work. Any other way other than RSM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I also observed that Recovery Scenario doesn't get triggered when its supposed to as per the trigger event defined in the RS wizard.
    So I used Recovery.Activate statement at the beginning of the script and it worked.

-bharat

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or You can create a function based on DP to click on Pop-ups if you know the expected locations.

Note: This will help if your objective is just to click and close the pop-up regardless of message.
    Vishal Aggarwal
    Test Architect
    http://testocean.blogspot.in/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    Or You can create a function based on DP to click on Pop-ups if you know the expected locations.

Note: This will help if your objective is just to click and close the pop-up regardless of message.

[/ QUOTE ]
    If I would have know the locations then the above suggestion would have worked like a charm. But my issue is that it happens all across the app and the object hierarchy keeps changing. BTW thanks for your post. I will be glad if there is any solution that caters my need.