Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Avoiding QTP Typos in Normal or fast mode

I have a test report which QTP emails to about 20 people after an early morning scheduled run.
    QTP is failing to do so. It usually makes some random typo while populating the To Field with 20 email addresses in fast mode.
    After this Email client “Check names” option kicks in and the email won’t be sent. Problem is my client isn’t Outlook otherwise I could easily disable this annoying option and send emails anyways.I am working on trying to solve this problem from Email client side.

However my reason for dropping this post in QTP is to see if we have a QTP workaround. I have tried running the same test in Normal mode (which is something I so not want to do because of the delay).
    QTP still makes random typos.
    Is there anyway out for us to force QTP to enter text as-is and avoid a typo?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Avoiding QTP Typos in Normal or fast mode

Are you using Outlook UI to send emails? If yes then you can move to Outlook COM APIs and code the send mail function. There are many functions avialble on the forum for doing this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I am using something called Windows Mail, its a client that comes with Vista. It has worked pretty well for me. I dont have outlook installed on my vista machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Are you using QTP Type method or the Set? If it is the Type method then try the one mentioned in below post

http://www.sqaforums.com/showflat.ph...;Number=384023

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks Tarun,I was using Type. The post you mentioned helps me a lot. Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]