Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

HELP! QTP not recognizing eWebEditPro

I tried to search on this before testing couldn't find anything. The application I am trying to test is java web app. There is a eWebEditPro control. QTP does not see this object at all I made sure I had the Active_X control added but still QTP does not see it. If I try to see the field using the object spy it sees it as a web element but I cannot get QTP to record any text being inserted or added to the field with the ewebedit pro controls

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: HELP! QTP not recognizing eWebEditPro

Is this as Java app or JavaScript app? In case its JavaScript you should be good with Web add-in. But in case its a Java app then you need a Java add-in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Tarun I tried the java addin but the editor is an ACtiveX control and QTP does not see it at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

What version of Ektron are you using? If you click one of the controls what does the object spy show?

I have it working, and I am using it to input fields. And drive the date selector.

-Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hello Christopher
    I see that you have eWebEditPro working in QTP scripts. I am having a problem that the text typed in the eWebEditPro control is not captured and content gets published w/o any text.
    Have you seen this issue before?

thanks
    Rashmi-
    Rashmi-

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    I tried to search on this before testing couldn't find anything. The application I am trying to test is java web app. There is a eWebEditPro control. QTP does not see this object at all I made sure I had the Active_X control added but still QTP does not see it. If I try to see the field using the object spy it sees it as a web element but I cannot get QTP to record any text being inserted or added to the field with the ewebedit pro controls

[/ QUOTE ]

I have th esame issue with FCK Editor, Another inline WYSIWYG editor for web forms. the FCK Editor uses iFrames and although object Spy can identify it QTP cannot interact with it at run time, like setting text inside the editor.

What I had to do was use the Object method and set the inntertext property at the DOM level like

Browser("Browser").Page("Find a Flight: Mercury").Image("findFlights").Object("innertext") .Value = "foobar"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Are you using capture & play back?

I didn't do that method, I captured the objects into the repository and scripted the test. Try this:

1) Create a new test and record the navigation to your ektron page.
    2) Stop your recording & open the object repository
    3) Click the Add Objects to Local button
    4) Click in the field you want to use
    5) Highlight the object in the list and rename it something meaningful. Also, add the html id to the list of properties used for identification. Change the html id to a regex if necessary.
    6) Click the highlight in application button. Make sure it finds it correctly.
    7) Close the object repository and add a step to your test to set the value of the field
    8) Use Run From Step to make sure the statement worked.

Also, make sure that when you use object spy on a field that has formatted text already in it, you go to the correct level in the list. It sometimes showes webelement if you click on the text, but up the chain is the webedit field.

-Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]

What I had to do was use the Object method and set the inntertext property at the DOM level like

Browser("Browser").Page("Find a Flight: Mercury").Image("findFlights").Object("innertext") .Value = "foobar"

[/ QUOTE ]

That won't work for an Ektron like he is using. It isn't replacing a text area like FCK, but instead creating an xml document in the background.

Its a pretty nifty editor that does quite a bit more than Tiny or FCK. Once you figure out the way the objects fit together its pretty easy to automate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thank you Christopher.
    I followed your steps and actually recognizing the editor part was same when captured it while recording and the way you described.
    the WebElement was also part of the editor object heirarchy because while recording the script I had clicked in the editor textarea and typed few words.

I could not figure out how to add content to the editor.
    would you be able to provide code snippet?
    thanks
    Rashmi-

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

....WebElement("Editor").Object.innertext = "foobar"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast