Thread: QTP Project

QTP Project

Dear All,

I'm newbise to this forum. started my learning abt this QTP 8.2.

anyone can give some project using this testing tools, so that i can develope more i mean in more realistic way.

thanks in advance...

Re: QTP Project

My recommendation to learn QTP

1. Learn VBScript
    2. Do the Tutorial that comes with QTP
    3. Read the User Manual

Then start your own projects

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work" --Thomas Edison

must learn vbscript firstly?

Not necesarry but always recommended. QTP has 2 views expert and keyword. One who does not have a knowledge on expert view(VBScript) can work in keyword view.

You need to understand the complete framework of QTP8.2 to higher to set your objective of learning the tool before using it in any project. Besides,QTP leverages VBscripts.so learn VbScripting to take advantage of QTP completely.

According to me : keyword view is 'quick & dirty solution' ,good for marketing but not for testing.

there are lot of application that can be tested (subject to constraint to the QTP add-ins).

All the best

SQA Knight
    Grand Rapids, MI

Based on your question it appears you need to obtain some “basic training” in order to use QTP competently. Read and follow the information in the links below to obtain this competency:

Here is a link to start learning vbScript, which is a minimal requirement to effective using the other QTP training aids mentioned below:

Then spend time with the tutorial that came with QTP.

Then read the QTP tips and tricks sticky posting:

Before posting new topics read and follow this forum’s guidelines:

When posting use the following template to provide information needed to get a useful answer:

But, make sure you search the forum for answers to your question before posting:

Never post the same question multiple times:

-Hope this helps, Terry Horwath

Inspite of your reply, I commited mistakes by not searching forum before I made my posts. Any the guys here forgave me and gave answers. I should do a search before any post.
    Nothing is permanent in this world.
    But, that POWER (Who/what is it?) makes us to believe this is Eternal. It makes us good/bad things. I also believe that this is permanent universe. So I should work my job/service to others. No one is good/bad on this according to our knowledge. That power??? makes all these.