Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Inputbox for password

I am working on a web appln where I need to login with username and pwd. Now, I want to prompt the user to enter their username and also pwsd through inputbox. But with input box, i cannot encrypt the password while typing. Is there any option for this to be possible.

Also, I want to wait for a certain time for the user to enter the values, otherwise I want to use a default username and password...

Any ideas on how to do this with InputBox method or any other method.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Inputbox for password

You can do that with QTP. You need to use a external COM library which provides taking a password...you can build one using any languag VB6, VB.NET, VC, VC.NET etc...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Another method is, you can have your uids and encrypted passwords in the local datasheet or the external data sheet and then pick it up from there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    Another method is, you can have your uids and encrypted passwords in the local datasheet or the external data sheet and then pick it up from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps it's a fault with my AUT, but we have the non-encyrpted passwords in the spreadsheet, and this works fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps it's a fault with my AUT, but we have the non-encyrpted passwords in the spreadsheet, and this works fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, if you use Set for pw-fields you can use plain text, if you use SetSecure you must have the encrypted password
    http://qcmt.pc-polis.de

de omnibus dubitandum

For all Questions: Please be sure to take a look at the QTP Manual before posting any Questions, thanks for doing this

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

As far as the The passwords are concerned ,You can Use the setsecure Function which automatically encripts the passsword.If u wanna use a datasheet ,why don't you use the password Encoder Tool?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I donot want to use datasheet, I want to prompt the user to enter his/her username and password, and if they donot enter in a given time, then use a default username and passowrd.

Tarun, You mentioned an interesting solution, would you pls send me a sample piece of code in VB to do that?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

You can use same solution as here :

http://www.sqaforums.com/showflat.ph...e=0#Post379528

Userforms allow any password characters to be used :

i.e editbox.PasswordChar = "*"