I am using:
java, web addins
testing web application using IE 6 SP2
I've been tasked to record scripts for our Web application. Our web application contains dynamic list boxes and drop downs populated by the database. How do I get QTP to select an item from the list and not search for a specific name/item?
I know it will require VBScripting, but I don't know where to begin.
1. Go through the QTP Tutorial and Manual
2. Find a good web site or book for VBScript
3. Browse through this forum - it has lots of good information
4. Look at post by IANF on QTP Framework - download and see what it does
5. Plan what you want to test
6. Execute your plan - keep the User Manual and your VBScript tools handy, search this forum for your solutions, experiment and research
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work" --Thomas Edison