It is possible, using QTP, to read some values from registry or from and after that to save this in one data table to be use after?
I just started to use QTP and also to read documentation about this, so, I do not have enough information regarding the capabilities of this tool.
I try to describe the scenario that I have in mind:
1. From QTP read the values from a one xml and export this values to a Data Table.
2. From QTP read some registry entry and export this values to a Data table
3. Start the program (it has a GUI interface to modify the xml or registry entries )
4. Check from QTP if the values from the xml and registry (stored in data table) ware correct read by the program
5. Modify some values from the GUI interface of the program and save the modification
6. Check from QTP the xml to see if the new values are correct register
7. Check from QTP the registry entry to see if the new changes are correct registered
Until now I found information about how to compare the received information with the information stored in the Data Table and also the information regarding how to use xml spy, so I know to implement the 3, 5, and 6 steps but I it will help me some information about 1,2 and 7 steps.