How to display a Progress Bar

Hi guys,

i need to Display the Progress Bar in me script during the run process.....
    Scenario is,i'm going to compare the two database,these databases are having lot of records,script may take 1 day to finish..so during the test run i want to see how many records are finished...

Lakeland, FL

Re: How to display a Progress Bar

easiest thing to do would be to write an entry in a log file that consistantly overwrites itself with the current status.

Well QTP is not for doing such things but you can do it. You need to create a COM library in VB6 or some other tool and then create a form inside that exposes this progress bar. Or second method is to use a html page coded in java script and then display the values in a browser.

You can call out from QTP to an AutoIt script, which enables this w/o much difficulty, provided you have some scripting skills.
    If ya got beef then fool eat a pork chop.

SQA Knight
    Grand Rapids, MI

Its not a "progress bar" but here is a "progress window" that can be spawned from a QTP test case, and then messages can periodically be output to indicate the state or progress in a long winded test case:

While not exactly what you were after, this should do the trick. And it includes a terse document to support the comments in my posting.

-Terry Horwath

P.S. Search for postings on how to "minimize QTP". Then you will be able to run a long winded QTP test and only have the progress window displayed on the desk top.