Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

QTP 9.1 and IE 6

QTP Version: 9.1
    Addins Loaded: .Net 9.1
    Application Protocol Testing: Web / .net
    Any non-standard controls involved: none

Problem details: Has anyone experienced problems using QTP v9.1 with IE6? My scripts worked fine with QTP 8.0 but after upgrading to 9.1 I have issues when executing and recording scripts against IE6. The IE6 browser crashes unexpectedly when attempting to record a script (or execute an existing script). Is QTP 9.1 compatible with IE6? I need to be able to run the scripts on IE6 and IE7.

What searches you have tried: QTP 9.1, IE6, IE 6

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: QTP 9.1 and IE 6

I tried running and recording scripts with QTP 9.1 and IE 6 as well as IE 7. I did not find any issues with 9.1 and IE6/IE7 while running or recording. QTP recorded on both browsers and replayed them correctly.

But I did face a problem with the descriptive programming part on IE 7, especially with the 'Set' statement. I had written a piece of code (wrt IE 6) to read values from the source code of the web page against which I am running my scripts. When I tried replaying that same code against IE 7, the script failed. I tried running the same script with 9.0 as well as 9.1, but to no avail.
    Ultimately I had to change the DP code, and now it can run against IE 6/7 with QTP 9.0/9.1.

This DP info may not be applicable in your case, but I can say that I did not face any problems with 9.1 and IE 6.
    - Mustang

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for the reply. It turns out that when enabling the .Net add-in then IE crashes, both with IE6 and IE7. If I just run with the Web add-in then QTP works fine. I'll have to open a ticket w/Mercury regarding the .Net add-in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for the info. I never tried the .Net add-in.
    - Mustang