Thread: Object Frame

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Object Frame

In my application, someone thought it might be a brilliant idea to have an external frame to use for adding text.

In OR the Frame is of the "Class : Frame"

When I try to set any text into the field, I get a errormessage that it does not support the method. Looking in the QTP help revealed that there is no method supporting dataentry. (as far as I could understand) They where:

1) CaptureBitmap
    2) Check
    3) CheckProperty
    4) ChildObjects
    5) GetRO/TO
    6) Output
    7) SetTO
    8) ToString
    9) WaitProperty

The code I tried was as simple as this:

Browser("A").Page("B").Frame("FrameText").WebEleme nt("Description").Set "Insert this text into field please"

Is there a workaround or something for this type of objects?
    - How many testers do you need to switch a light bulb? None, we just report it's dark -

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Object Frame

Erik, the data entry isn't into your Frame looking at the code above, it's into a WebElement who's parent is a frame.

One of our apps uses frames, using DP I interact with objects within the Frame, something like:

With Browser("micClass:=Browser").Page("micClass:=Page" ).Frame("micClass:=Frame")

.WebEdit("name:=Country").Set "England"
    .WebButton("value:=Submit").Click
    If Not .Webelement("innerText:=England").Exist Then
    .... blah blah blah

Mark Smith.

----------------------
    - How many developers does it take to change a light bulb? None, it's a hardware problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

After spying on the Input field for text, I could only find one id, which is "BODY". So I tried:

Browser("micClass:=Browser").Page("micClass:=Page" ).Frame("micClass:=Frame").WebElement("html tag:=BODY").Set "Some text into field please"

This throws the errormessage, "The object does not support given attribute or method: Browser().Page().Frame().WebElement().Set' (translated)

Then I tried, just for fun to add more description: Index:=0

Browser("micClass:=Browser").Page("micClass:=Page" ).Frame("micClass:=Frame").WebElement("html tag:=BODY", "index:=0").Set "Some text into field please"

Got same error message

Then I tried the exact example and wrote just as above:

Browser("micClass:=Browser").Page("micClass:=Page" ).Frame("micClass:=Frame")

.WebElement("html tag:=BODY", "index:=0").Set "Insert text please"
    If Not .Webelement("html tag:=BODY", "index:=0").Exist Then
    reporter.ReportEvent micFail, "Field does not exist", ""
    Else
    reporter.ReportEvent micPass, "Field exist", ""
    End if

Same error

I also tried with:

With Browser("micClass:=Browser")... blablabla...

Just to see if the "With" was relevant. Threw the errormessage : The test run cannot continue due to a syntax error.

Fumbling in the dark... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    We need some people that can address the light bulb issue. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    - How many testers do you need to switch a light bulb? None, we just report it's dark -

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Erik, have you tried low-level recording whilst you manually enter data in the frame?

Try this and see if it plays back.

Mark Smith.

--------------------
    - How many Project managers do you need to switch a light bulb? None, we don't have a budget for this task.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I will try just for the fun of it to see how LLR works.

But found an other workaround. Eliminate the whole mandatory field so Frame disappear.