Hello all .
We are having continual problems with qtp not entering the data correctly in fields.
For example entering liited instead of limited i have tried slowing it down but dosent seem to make any difference .
Any help greatfully accepted .
We have used csv files but this dosent make any difference.
The data is being read correctly but when it is used in qtp
eg [.set variable_Name] to a text field it is missing out a character . The variable_Name contains the correct string or number but qtp when applying it to a field seems to miss characters from the string or a digit from the number .
Thanks for all your replies .
' Read data from tab delimited text file
Public Sub Acceptdatafields()
Set objFSO = Createobject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set objTextFile = objFSO.OpenTextFile("C:\scripttest.txt" , 1)
datafields = split(objTextFile.ReadLine, " ") ' Delimited by tab file
' End of script
Reads from a Text file Tab delimited
The values are assigned
var_name = datafields (0)
var_name_2 = datafields (1) and so on
As i said when i step through and look for variable values in the viewer they are correct but in places the scipts are missing out letters when the are run even when the variable values are corrrect.
Var_Name = "MyName"
text box value = MName when script runs "y" has bee ommitted