Any one using "XML object Repository".
I came across a framework in which the the objects of the AUT is defined as XML and then it will be
imported into Object repository. this way we dont have to wait until the application is ready for tetsing.
Also when a new object gets added to a screen then this xml will be modified by doing a comparison. This is what i understand.
I have few doubts based on the above understanding.
1. how to import an xml to object repository.
2. Is there a separate definiton for webbased objects and windows based objects
3. How we know where to embed the new object (defined by the developer) in the xml, \
I hope they should give us pictorial representation in a document.
4. Any one already using this framework? Is it successful?
1. Have any one manipulated the object repository schema of QTP. which is residing in the file (objectrepository.xsd)
2. I am trying to map this schema to excel and adding object definition there and finally exporting that excel into xml. Reson for doing this is to define the objects well before the AUT is ready for testing.
In step 2 when i export its not bringing me the exact format which qtp accepts becos the xml uses some denormalized data.
Can anyone throw some light on this.
Raghu venkat is developing his own schema. But i am tring to use the schema of qtp and feed data to that and export that as an xml. so that in future we can compare xml to baseline xml for new objects added.
The whole point here is we are defining the objects well in advance during the AUT is in design phase with developers.
Tarun you are exactly right. This is QTP 9.1 version. The schema of QTP has
some denormalized data which is giving trouble when trying to feed data in
excel. Becos one parent can have "n" no of same objects. for ex a Dialog box
can have 10 text boxes in that.
So i am now into exploring lot of XML side.
Is there any good XML forums which i can start with?