Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Firefox & Netscape testing

Hi,

I recorded by scripts in IE for QTP 9.0. Now I want to run the scripts in Firefox & Netscape. When I tried running them, I got the error that it is not recognizing the objects. I searches this forum for the browser compatability test solution but didn't find any complete solution. Has anybody tried this? QTP 9.0 help file says that it supports Firefox & Netscape. But when I run them, it doesn't seem to work. Could any of you help me here?

Thanks
    user

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Firefox & Netscape testing

Hi,

Please check the Working with Web Browsers section in Help

QuickTest Professional User's Guide > Working with Supported Environments > Testing Web Objects > Working with Web Browsers
    With Best Regards
    Yuva

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Quote:
    "I recorded by scripts in IE for QTP 9.0. Now I want to run the scripts in Firefox & Netscape. When I tried runnin...."

Are you trying to run the IE script on Firefox?
    - alkamist

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Yes, I'm trying to run the scripts in firefox & netscape that were recorded in IE. That's what the help file suggests.

"QuickTest supports recording tests only on Microsoft Internet Explorer. It supports running tests on the following Web browsers:

Microsoft Internet Explorer
    Netscape Browser
    Mozilla Firefox"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

You have done the right thing ... but what is not being recognised? Everything, or dialog boxes ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

When I run my script in firefox, it does recognize the objects and but for some reason, it stops suddenly.

For netscape, it doesn't recognize any objects. I'm using QTP 9.0 and this supports Netscape 8.0. So I ran the scripts in Netscape 8.0 but even then, it just doesn't work. It waits for a long time and then gives a message 'Cannot identify the object of WebEdit class'.