type method in webedit object

Does WebEdit Object have the type method ? In my web application, edit boxes does not allow to enter a number if it is character only. So i am unable to do the alpha numeric validation. Can anyone give me a suggestion ?

Thanks in advance !!

Re: type method in webedit object

Set method is there for setting value in Winedit. for ur validation set some numerical value in Webedit and script your validaton.

Do u mean u need to type the value in runtime ???? if so no need of tool..

Thanks for your quick response.

In my web application, I have a webedit which is numeric only.When I manually try to enter a number it does not allow me to enter characters. But when i use qtp the edit box allows characters( i used "set" method here ). My requirement is just to check whether it allows characters or not.

waiting for ur reply !!

Set method is not good enough for your task.
    It sets the value to the field, but doesn't listen a keyboard. You need to send key stroke directly.

Try that:

hwnd = Browser("Browser").GetROProperty("hwnd")
    set wsh = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
    wsh.sendkeys "test"

After that, your verification might be:
    1. Capture the error message, you are expecting after entering not numeric value.
    2. Read required WebEdit, get its value (GetROProperty("Text" ["or Value"])) and compare it with expected value:
    or testText you've entered or just verify if it IsNumeric [Look @VBscript help for exact syntax]