| || |
QTP has problems with multiselection list.
We're testing a website with Mercury QTP. The used techniques in the website are XHTML, JSF etc.
We've recorded a test, without having problems but sometimes QTP has problems with multi-selection list (see attachment).
The situation is as follows:
- Logged in & opend a form to add a new employee.
- Filled in employee details & selected some employeeroles (by selecting them in a multi-selection list and moving them to a list next to it by clicking a webbutton)
- 1 or more values are incorrect.
- changed values to correct values and clicked on OK-button
- during recording the selected list items are saved so I don't need to select the again. During running the recorded test, QTP sometimes 'forgets' that employeeroles are select and shows the next error:
"Cannot identify the specified item of the formulier:_id64 object. Confirm that the specified item is included in the object's item collection."
The details of the Step Warning are:
"Object's physical description:
Visible Items = 6
Visible = -1
Name = formulier:_id64
Mercury Class = WebList
Items Count = 4
Html Tag = SELECT
Html Id =
default value =
DHTML Class = selectFieldmedium"
Re: QTP has problems with multiselection list.
Can you do a object.getproperties() and determine the selected items?