Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Updating Environment Variable in user defined var.

Hi, I came across the situation,

I am Using QTP 8.0

I want to use environment variable in my test.

Text_Report = ReportFolder & "TextReport" & " " & Date & " " & Time & ".txt"
    Environment.Value("Env_Report") =Text_Report
    Env_Report= Environment.Value("Env_Report")
    Msgbox Env_Report ' value is C:\Report\ReportFolder\Text_Report 11172006 328.txt

While running the script the environment variable Env_Report is getting updated, but when we stop the execution, the value won't be displayed in the user defined enviroment variable Env_Report. I want to use this vale in another action.

Plz. help me to solve this problem or provide any other alternative.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Updating Environment Variable in user defined var.

You need to write code in your script to export it to some file...and then write in some code in another file to import it...