Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Eliminate multiple security alerts for Certificate

Hi,

First of all, let me describe briefly how my application works and then I can go into the issue.

We have bunch of registration pages that occurs one after another. If first registration page is submitted, it goes to second one and so on... In our system, some of the registration pages are secure and some unsecure. Secure and unsecure, all depends on the clients registration page.

Now the way page flow works is that if the page flow is transitioned from an unsecure page to a secure page, then the whole flow will remain secure until the end of the session.

My problem is that when I click on "Submit" on the unsecure page and lets assume that the next page is a secure page then the certificate warning (security alert) comes up even before the page loads. My script has a if loop that checks for this kind of popup and then clicks "Yes" on it but when the page goes to the secure registration then there are multiple security alerts (certificate warnings) that pops up for all the images also (almost 5-6 same security alerts for each image on the page).

How do I handle this issue of multiple popup of same window. I have also tried disabling the "do not show certificate warning" checkbox in the Internet Options but the warning still shows up (Strange !!!!)

Does anybody have any solution on how to eliminate this alerts. They all popup consecutively 5-6 times so the script either gets confused or just chokes up.

Code snippet that I use in the if loop:

If Browser("RegForm").Dialog("SecurityAlert").WinButt on("Yes").Exist(0) Then Browser("RegForm").Dialog("SecurityAlert").WinButt on("Yes").Click
    If Err.Number < 0 Then
    Services.LogMessage "Error # " & CStr(Err.Number) &" " & Err.Description, ErrorMsg
    Err.Clear
    Exit Function
    End If
    End If

I have also tried Do while loop instead of If but while using do while, the whole script stalled and it never went past that piece of code.

--- The Security Alert Dialog box is part of the RegForm browser stored in the Object Repository

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Eliminate multiple security alerts for Certificate

Through Advanced Internet Properties, turn off "Warn when going between secure and unsecure sites."

I don't think that is the exact wording, but if you look in the list, you will find it. It is at the bottom of the list in Internet Explorer properties.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Eliminate multiple security alerts for Certifi

I tried this route but the certificate still appears. I think, the browser accepts the certificate but since the certificate is expired for a particular site name, it still pops up

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

You can use predefined recovery scenarios that come with QTP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

You mean, the one from Recovery Scenario Manager?? If it is then, I have also tried that but still no change in result. The issue is that all the alerts are popping up one after another so fast that the application does not even have time to think about it.

Any other suggestions are most welcomed.

Thx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Create a document with screenshots and attach it to the post. that might help resolving the issue...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

If you have already created the recovery scenario and associated to your test, then check this...

On the File->Settings->Recovery Tab check the "Activate Recovery Scenarios" list box. Its got three options, 1) On every step, 2) On error and 3) Never.

Play around with these settings and you should be able to get thru your issue.

Try 'On every step' setting, note that it will make your script slow, so be carefull before using this setting.

Aakash
    Regards,
    Aakash
    ======