Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Java Dropdown Menu Not Recording By Name

I have a dropdown menu in a java app which I need to choose from based on the name (because I need to make this data driven), instead QTP records this by index.

Under Tools, Options, Java, the Record items mode is set to "By name".

The line of code is:

JavaWindow("TCAdvisor II - Accounts").JavaDialog("TCAdvisor II - Manage").JavaList("Model:").Select "#37"

But I need for it to search for a choice in the dropdown by the value/text "46 - B". I can spy and don't see anything that will help to identify by a name.

What I might be able to do is call a java method to get the name value I'm looking for. The developer gave me the code to get the text. I'm stumbling trying to get QTP to correctly use it. I'm trying to follow Problem ID: 22794 on Mercury’s knowledge base, but still need assistance.

The java developer stated:

This call would return the TEXT in the Model Combo Box.

((TcListItem)getAvailableModelComboBox().getSelect edItem()).getText()

One example would return “DOMESTIC INCOME INVESTMENTS STRATEGY”

So far I tried variations of this, but QTP doesn't like the code:

' Create object.
    Set ListObj = JavaWindow("TCAdvisor II - Accounts").JavaDialog("TCAdvisor II - Manage").JavaList("Model:").Object

' Call method
    Set Rect = ListObj.((TcListItem)getAvailableModelComboBox().g etSelectedItem()).getText()

' Call the toString method of the returned Rect object.
    MsgBox Rect.toString()

Please help! I have hundreds of dropdowns and hundreds of choices depending on the dropdown. Nightmare! Or help me brainstorm another way around this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Java Dropdown Menu Not Recording By Name

You cant just copy paste a java code in VBScript and assume that it will work

use
    Set Rect = ListObj.getAvailableModelComboBox().getSelectedIte m().getText()

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Java Dropdown Menu Not Recording By Name

Thanks for your response, Tarun.

QTP is choking on:
    Set ListObj = JavaWindow("TCAdvisor II - Accounts").JavaDialog("TCAdvisor II - Manage").JavaList("Model:").Object

Any helpful hints for me about this?

Thank you!
    Daphne