How to handle two instances of same Web application in QTP 9.0

Hi All,

Presently i am automating the web based application using QTP 9.0. The scenario is first I have to open the my application in the browser and i have to do some creation of events in the application.Next , i have to open the same application in another browser and i have to modify related data.Again i should switch over to first instance and i should verify for reflection of modifications in the Application. Test case demands both should remains open....while performing actions on any one.

can anyone guide me like
    how to open another instance.
    How to make unique identification between these two browser applications.
    How to Navigate between these two whenever i require.

Your guide lines and suggestions shall be appreciated.

Doncaster, UK

Re: How to handle two instances of same Web application in QTP 9.0

To open another IE instance:

Set IE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
    IE.Visible = true
    siteURL = "http://www.Mercury.com"
    IE.Navigate SiteURL

Once the 2 browsers are open you should be able to record your actions against both browsers and QTP will use the Browser CreationTime to differenciate between the two.

Mark Smith.

Re: How to handle two instances of same Web application in QTP 9.0

Hi Mark Smith,

Thanks a lot for your support. Your solution is amazing (code to open another instance).

I am working fine with two instances of my application about certain period.

Like as below:
    1)First (fine)
    2)second (fine)
    3)First (fine)
    4)second (fine)
    5)It switch over to First instance but it is not recognizing objects (Table) in One Page.

What I did, I modified the existing repository second instance i earlier (before your solution code) opened using Invoke Application command.

On 5th point only i am getting error.

Can you give any suggestion on this. Other i have solution to delete the Second instance browser in the OR and start again from the begining.

What about your opinion on this.