Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Regarding General Error

Hi All,

I am trying to automate an application with the help of automation tools(Like WinRunner,QTP and Silk Test) But I am not able to replay the recorded stuff.
    The Problem is tools are not able identify the objects and some times throwing an error called General Run Error .Can anyone help me on this issue.

Thanks in Advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Regarding General Error

To answer this question we would need to know exactly what tool you are using. Each tool work a little differently and this is important information.
    Lynne

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work" --Thomas Edison

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Lynne,

I am using QTP as a tool and Infragesic as supporting software for the application.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Was the above issue ever solved ?? If so what was the solution ?? Please help me as i am also using the same infragistics addins and working on a .net based application.
    Basanth
    Give a Fish to a Man and you feed him for a day.Teach a Man to fish and you feed him for Life

http://www.learnqtp.com/forums/