Oracle error FRM-40738 in QTP 8.2
I have been experiencing general unreliability when running complex QTP 8.2 Oracle scripts. One particularly important script which we would like to schedule in Quality Center (creating a 50 line order) fails to run about 2/3 of the time.
The strange thing is that there isn't a single reason for failure. Some of the reasons it fails:
- General Run Error on sync while invoking application
- unable to find calendar cell LOV in order header
- Failure to advancing to the next row of order detail table when creating order lines.
- Oracle menu error FRM-40738: Argument to built-in GET_GROUP_NUMBER_CELL cannot be null
Upgrading to (QTP 8.2) SP2 did not help. However, the following changes to the MIC.INI file improved things:
1. iexplore.exe=rek under [NOBBTAPPS]
2. explorer.exe=rek under [NOBBTAPPS]
The above changes all but eliminated the other errors, but the FRM-40738 error persists. However, I never get this error if I run the process manually.
Mercury support has been little to not helpful. Any ideas what's going on here?
[ 04-12-2006, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: jsniessen ]
Re: Oracle error FRM-40738 in QTP 8.2
Follow-up question: Would upgrading from the 6.5 to the 8.2 Oracle Add-in be of any help?