Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Getting the Run Time objects

Hi all,

I have a doubt in identifying the run time objects.

I have an application where in it displays a new webEdit object whenever the <+> image in the corresponding row is clicked.

I recorded the WebEdit object as well the <+>( Add a New Row button) for the first row and for the Number of inputs we give, it should do the same process dynamically.

Eg:
    In the first row, after giving the EmplID, we have to click the <+> to add a new row.

Browser("A").Page("B").Frame("C").WebEdit("TL_RUN_ CTRL_GRP_EMPLID$0").set "E1234"

Browser("A").Page("B").Frame("C").Image("Add a new row at row 1").Click

When I click this <+> image button,the next row with the name "TL_RUN_CTRL_GRP_EMPLID$1" will appear and I need to give the next input value. But since the index value is incrementing each time, when I tried to give the value it shows the object "TL_RUN_CTRL_GRP_EMPLID$1" is not found in the Object Repository.The same way with the image button "Add a new row at row 2".

I tried to get the index value by using getROProperty("html id") and incremented it. But when i try to set the incremented index value using setTOProperty, again it shows the same error message. Without recording the "TL_RUN_CTRL_GRP_EMPLID$1", how can I get these dynamic objects into OR?

Could any one please help me out in this regard?

Thank You!

Regards,
    Angelin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Getting the Run Time objects

Use Descriptive Programming.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Angelin,
    At the moment where you add object dynamically to the screen during the run of the test, they will not be in the OR. As Tarun mentioned you will have to use descriptive programming to be able do things like:

Browser("A").Page("B").Frame("C").WebEdit("name:=T L_RUN_CTRL_GRP_EMPLID$"&int_count).set "E1234"

int_count would be your counter to be increased for each additional line.

You will find some info under "Programmatic Descriptions" in the helpfile.
    Regards
    Bulla

--- a fool with a tool is still a fool ----

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thank you Tarun and Bulla.