Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Quick Test Pro

Hello,
    Can someone tell me how to add .vbs,.xml,.xls,RecoveryScenario files through programming in expertview.(without adding them in Test->settings.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Quick Test Pro

Hey Friend,
    I read the Manual those chapters realting the question I asked. But still I cdn't figureout as how to add Datafile, RecoveryScenario file in the expertview(at runtime).
    Thanks.

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

RTFM (Read the Friendly Manual) my friend. It is all explained there in the later chapters of the QTP User's Guides (all versions).

Jim
    Jim
    -------------------------------------------
    For all the general stuff to know about QA/Test go here http://www.softwareqatest.com/

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

QTPMan,

If you had fully read the chapters on the DataTables and Recovery Scenario you would have seen the last line of each chapter stating the following:

DataTables (pg. 408): Section - Using Data Table Scripting Methods. "For more details on the Data Table methods, refer to the QuickTest Professional Object Model Reference."

Recovery Scenarios (pg. 449): "For more information on the Recovery object and its methods, refer to the QuickTest Professional Object Model Reference."

Both of what you wanted is listed in the Object Model Reference.

For Data Tables to pull in an external file (Excel worksheet) the command is: DataTable.Import ("C:\flights.xls")

For the Recovery Scenario information look up:
    Recovery Object and RecoveryScenario Object.

It's New Years Eve here and I'm feeling generous. Good luck.

Jim

[ 12-31-2005, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: jimhazen ]
    Jim
    -------------------------------------------
    For all the general stuff to know about QA/Test go here http://www.softwareqatest.com/