Thread: Difficult task

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Difficult task

I am trying to verify the occurrence of WebElements <DIV> to give you clear idea of what I'm trying to accomplish
    visit http://www.liveitup.com/travel/search.air
    book a flight from MIA to MCO
    follow the steps-keep default settings- until you reach the Billing Information page.
    there is a Shopping Cart bar on the left of this page, I am trying to verify the occurrence of these items: Flights:,Insurance:,Membership:
    in the cart. I used Object.Document , and object.getElementsByTagName("DIV")(5).innerHTML
    The only thing I could validate is the Shopping Cart Total by using the below code
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">
    Set obj = browser(&quot;micClass:=Browser&quot.Object.Document
    Set ctrl = obj.all
    cnt = ctrl.length
    For i = 0 To cnt-1
    If ctrl(i).tagName = &quot;TD&quot; Then
    res1 = InStr(ctrl(i).outerText,&quot;Shopping Cart Total:&quot
    If res1 &gt; 0 Then
    dataTable(&quot;CartTotal&quot= (ctrl(i+1).innerText) 'CDbl
    msgbox dataTable(&quot;CartTotal&quot
    End If
    End If
    Next</pre><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">Could you please help, thank you.
    "I realize it's an error, but no one is going to try to do that!"
    From "Top 10 Stupid Comments from Developers".

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Difficult task

Looks a bit too tough as there is nothing concrete to distinguish and seeing the DOM tree the thing is based totally on DIV tags instead of a TD or TR. And that two it has a long parnet-child relations.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

very true , if you have to automate the same page how would you do it? for me the most important thing is validating the cart contants before purchasing , in fact this is the most important page since we are talking money and the whole idea of the site is to make money. don't you agree?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Yups. But the thing is that developers need to have a vision for the automation testing to make the application more favourable for automated testing and not only think on just providing the functionality.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I totally agree.you will laugh when I tell you I am creating my scripts against the production environment, means we are way behind the developers. thank god it is functional testing not load testing.and the purpose of these scripts to validate the any new release.