SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Retrieve Datatable value operation failed" ,"AgentName" column does not exist

Hello,
    I have written a code to set up the ObjectRepository path (shared)and to set the datatable path(external excel file).
    After setting the object reporitory and Datablepath,the excel sheet which i have created is getting imported to the datable.In the same script,Iam trying to parameterize the simple Flight Login screen,where I am entering the Agent name and Password.
    I have placed the data in the Global sheet(in excel sheet)which gets imported to the datatable when I set the path through code.
    Now when i run my script for the first time,Its sets the Object repository path,sets the databale path to the one which I have specified and at the same time it imports the data to the Global data sheet.but when it comes to the code to enter the Agent name.i.e. when it tries to retrieve the data for the field Agentname iam getting the error "Retrieve Datatable.value operation failed" ,<AgentName> column does not exist"
    folowing is the code which Iam using to set he excel sheet path and retrieve the value from the datatable:
    Set qtp= createObject("QuickTest.Application")

qtp.launch

qtp.visible=true
    qtp.Test.Settings.Resources.DataTablePath ="C:\My_Excel.xls"
    SystemUtil.Run "C:\Program Files\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional\samples\flight\app\flight4a.exe",""," C:\Program Files\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional\samples\flight\app\","open"

Dialog("Login").WinEdit("Agent Name:").Set Datatable("AgentName",dtGlobalsheet)
    Dialog("Login").WinEdit("Password:").SetSecure datatable("Password1",dtGlobalsheet)
    Dialog("Login").WinEdit("Password:").Type micReturn
    Window("Flight Reservation").WinMenu("Menu").Select "File;Exit"
    Can any one please guide me,I dont know what step I am missing?
    I am new to QTP
    Thanks,

[ 11-25-2005, 01:10 AM: Message edited by: be_priti ]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: "Retrieve Datatable value operation failed" ,"AgentName" column does not exist

Where are you running this AOM code from?

Mark Smith.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: "Retrieve Datatable value operation failed" ,"AgentName" column does not exist

Copy the column name corresponding to 'AgentName' from the excel and paste it in this line of code Dialog("Login").WinEdit("Agent Name:").Set Datatable("AgentName",dtGlobalsheet). See that there are no spaces in the cell corresponding to 'AgentName'.
    san

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iam running this code through QTP 6.5.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was designed to be run from VBS files.

Mark Smith.