Have any one used the business component and the BPT notion? I found that my company have license for QC BPT so I thought it may be a good idea to use it.
do any one knows the pros and cons of such approach?
I have used BPT for a little while, here are some points I have come acrossed.
1) All the actions also known as components are equivalent to reusable actions, all the code is basically reusable
2) It has a built-in administration area where you can see all reusable actions (components) and what tests uses them.
3) Actions parameters are used all the time
4) You can write code in Scripted Components
5) You can convert any reusable actions that uses a shared repository to a scripted component (BPT)
1) It is not possible to write code in a Standard Component.
2) Standard component do not use the Datatables anymore
3) Performance could be an issue for scripts with many components
4) Shared Object repositories are the only ones compatible with BPT