I have been tasked with implementing the use of Mercury Quality Center and Mercury QuickTest Professional to automate the regression testing of the SAP 6.40 GUI.

I have worked with these two Mercury Products (QTP & QC) in a variety of environments over the years, but it has been a while since doing so against an SAP GUI.

I would like to ask those of you out there that have been using Mercury Quality Center (formerly TestDirector) for managing the regression testing effort of SAP implementations to please take a few moments and provide any feedback regarding your experiences in this area. What lessons did you learn? What User-Defined fields and workflow customizations (if any) did you find where necessary to implement in order to manage and report on your SAP testing efforts more efficiently? I should mention that we will be using Quality Center 8.2 SP1.

On the QuickTest Pro side, what challenges (if any) did you face using the QTP 8.2 tool against SAP 6.40 GUI? Were there a lot of object recognition issues that you faced? What were your lessons learned? What types of things should I watch out for that might helpful for me to be aware of?

I really appreciate any insight that you folks that have been working with QC & QTP in the testing of SAP might be able to lend me as I begin this effort.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to respond.

Warmest Regards,