Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Recovery Manager - methods do not appear in the drop down list box for a vbs

Hi,

Facing a problem with Rec. Manager. Wonder if anybody less faced the same problem.

When I configure the Rec scenario, I want to specify a Function as defined in my vbs file as a recovery action.

However, After I specify the vbs file, there are 4 methods out of the vbs files getting displayed in the method dropdown against 15+ methods defined in my vbs. Any insight why this might be happening and how can I get the complete list in my drop down.

Note : All the functions working well otherwise in the scripts.

Thanks
    Smita

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Recovery Manager - methods do not appear in the drop down list box for a vbs

Any clues ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Recovery Manager - methods do not appear in the drop down list box for a vbs

Infact I am facing the same problem as I could see only couple of functions. Does recovery manager shows functions as well as procedures ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Not sure about the procedures. Guess it should show those as well. In my case, all are functions defined as 'Public'

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Dear smita,

I think function or method should have 4 parameters when you are using it as a recovery action.check with your functions those are displaying in the dropdown list.

Regards
    Ravi B

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

And moreover if u defined as Public, the function name may not come to the drop down. it shall come it as a "Function" . so which function u want to use as recovery action, declare like below

Function Object_Not_Found_Scenario(Object, Method, Arguments, retVal)
    TestScriptName = Environment("TestName")
    Reporter.ReportEvent 1,TestScriptName,TestScriptName&"failed Due to Object not found"
    End Function

Regards
    Ravi B

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the pointers. Yes the functions do seem to have some connection with the number of parameters being passed. However, the number of parameters is 1.

As for public, I have defined all of my functions as public and as stated, some are appearing in the drop-down, so dont think it matters.

- Smita

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

QTP Recovery scenario have specific function calls (look inside QTP help for more details) and its always a good practice to add recovery scenario functions using QTP recovery scenario interface rather then manually adding the function and then selecting it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks Tarun.

Seems like function signature depends on the type of Trigger event.

Got the required info from the help. Pasting here in case anyone is interested.

Select functionóChoose an existing function from the library file you selected.
    Note: Only functions that match the prototype syntax for the trigger type selected in the Select Trigger Event Screen are displayed. Following is the prototype for each trigger type:

Test run error trigger
    OnRunStep
    (
    [in] Object as Object: The object of the current step.
    [in] Method as String: The method of the current step.
    [in] Arguments as Array: The actual method's arguments.
    [in] Result as Integer: The actual method's result.
    )

Pop-up window and Object state triggers
    OnObject
    (
    [in] Object as Object: The detected object.
    )

Application crash trigger
    OnProcess
    (
    [in] ProcessName as String: The detected process's Name.
    [in] ProcessId as Integer: The detected process' ID.
    )

Cheers,
    Smita