Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Differences between a test,business component and an scripted component

hey
    here is my question "Differences between a test,business component and an scripted component"
    Rajesh Kumar Chengalpathy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Differences between a test,business component and an scripted component

I've wondered the same thing.
    Verifying a system does what itís supposed to do is quality assurance. Verifying a system doesnít do what itís not supposed to do is impossible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Business component and scripted component is a type of test supported by Mercury's new tool called Business Process Testing. It is totally different kind of a tool. You can find some details in QTP main user guide about Business Process testing tool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I've heard mixed reviews from BPT users. I'm currently trying to gather more information on it. The idea is certainly sound, I'm just not sure yet how the tool handles the task. Our organization definitely needs something like this.

Thanks for the info.
    Verifying a system does what itís supposed to do is quality assurance. Verifying a system doesnít do what itís not supposed to do is impossible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I am currently working on BPT. Considering the fact that Mercury introduced this tool for non-technical people, I would say this isn't really straight forward. It's totally different from writing test scripts in QTP. This has a lot of work to be done in the Object Repository Manager. I am new to BPT as well, but can share with you any knowledge I have acquired over the last 2 mnths.
    Jay