Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

QTP\'s Multitest Manager and simple log file problem?

Hello,

I have created simple log file which works fine with Multitest Manager automation object model when I add my tests to batch separately:
    oMTM.AddTestScript "+ test path"

but when I load existing batch with same tests
    oMTM.Load "+ path of *.mtm)"
    It gives me an error does not write anything

Any idea why this is not working when I load existing mtm batch? Html report in both cases
    looks like same.

My simple logfile code at the end of MTM automation script looks like this:

'Get the Step interface and retrive information about each test case in the batch run into TestLog text file

Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    set Testlog = fso.CreateTextFile("C:\Automated Test Files\testlog.txt", True)

Set oReport = oMTM.Report

For Each Step in oReport.Steps

If Step.Status = "Test run failed." Then
    Testlog.WriteLine("Failed: " & Step.Script & " /Iteration " & Step.Iteration & "")

Else

Testlog.WriteLine("Passed: " & Step.Script & " /Iteration " & Step.Iteration & "")

End If
    Next

'Get the Report Information and display information about the overall run into text file

Testlog.WriteLine("Status: " & oReport.Status & " /Start:" & oReport.StartTime & " /End:" & oReport.EndTime)

TestLog.Close

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: QTP\'s Multitest Manager and simple log file problem?

Hi!

I've got the same problem as you and I wonder whether you found a solution? I also used
    oMTM.AddTestScript "+ test path"

and got an error. Also, I don't understand what the use is of setting the Mulit Test Manager preferences to schedule the batch run for a certain time when I have to click Run first and after that cannot open and run other Multi Test Manager instances.

I hope you can share your experience with me.

Thanks,
    Lapin